The Department of Food Technology at Techno Main Salt Lake is a dynamic and innovative program that prepares students for a career in the thriving field of food technology. Our curriculum is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the science and technology behind food production, with a focus on innovation and sustainability. Our expert faculty members bring years of experience and knowledge to the classroom, and are committed to providing students with a rigorous education that includes hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art labs. Our courses cover a variety of topics including food chemistry, food microbiology, food processing, and food safety. At the Department of Food Technology, we strive to foster a community of innovation and entrepreneurship, and our program is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their careers. Whether you are a prospective student or an industry professional looking to explore options for higher studies, we invite you to explore our program and the possibilities of a rewarding career in food technology
|B.Tech - Food Technology
|After Class 12
|B.Tech (L) - Food Technology
1. To impart quality education through excellent Teaching Learning Process and infrastructural facilities for producing globally competent food technologists capable of extending technological services
2. To inculcate/imbibe qualities of lifelong learning, team spirit, leadership, entrepreneurship and communication skills with social responsibilities
3. To engage and promote cutting edge research practices through multi-institutional and industry institute collaborations
Department of Food Technology envisions to be a lead center of academic and research resource for creating competent professionals to ensure global food security and safety
1. Aims to prepare graduates to excel as Food Analysts and quality control experts by applying the fostered skills of food technology and professional ethics.
2. Function effectively in multidisciplinary teams demonstrating leadership skills, facilitating the efficient and successful resolution of challenges while considering the broader impact on society.
3. Emphasizes graduates' engagement in research and development (R&D) feasibility studies for the purpose of innovative product development and demonstrate skills to assess the viability and potential of new product concepts into scalable operations, ensuring successful implementation in the food industry.
4. Become established entrepreneurs and consultants in the food processing sector utilizing their requisite technical know-how and fund management skills in a holistic manner.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineeringtools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineeringand management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Determination of moisture content - chemistry of food lab experimentClick Here
2. Basics of carbohydrate - Biochemistry theoryClick Here
3. Non - alcoholic beverage - quality control lab experimentClick Here
4. Thermal processing- food engg. ExperimentClick Here
5. Packed bed - unit operation lab experimentClick Here
|Applied and Adaptive Optics lab
|Material Characterization lab
|Data Structure Using C lab
|Atomic and Molecular Physics lab
|Statistical Mechanics & Electromagnet. Theory lab
|Statistics using MAT Lab
|Computational Physics lab
|Biochemistry and Analytical Techniques lab
|Micro Programming & Architecture lab
|General Physics lab
|Modern Physics lab
|Genetic Engineering lab
|Business presentation and language lab
|Object-Oriented Programming lab
|Solid State Physics lab
|Solid state Technology lab
|Bioreactor operations lab
|Graphics & Multimedia lab
|General Chemistry lab
|Food and Environmental Biotechnology lab
|Basic Computer Application lab
|Organic Chemistry lab
|Molecular Biology lab
|Electronic Media: Planning & Production lab
|Inorganic Chemistry lab
|Basic Microscopy & Instrumentation lab
|Electronic Media: Writing, Editing & Execution lab
|Polymer Processing lab
|Cytogenetic Techniques lab
|Press Photography lab
|Polymer Technology lab
|Tissue Culture Techniques lab
|Film & Television: Theory & Practice lab
|Chemical Engineering lab
|Numerical Methods lab
|Design & Page Make up lab